Hello and Welcome !
I’m back again today with our talented group of Global Demonstrators, in this months Kre8tors Blog Hop with our Sale-A-Bration and Mini Catalogue themed projects.
If you have just joined me from Libby’s Blog or as one of my followers, a big warm English welcome to you. My share today features Music From The Heart #151674 stamp set.
Being a musician, this HAD to be one of the stamp sets on my wish list from the Spring Summer Mini catalogue. No clarinet or saxophone images, but these are absolutely gorgeous and will be useful for musician friends.
I started with a Melon Mambo card base and then cut a Basic Black layer and Watercolour card layer.
My original idea was going to use the Pigmant Sprinkles #149663. I keep some of the Stampin’ Up! Grid Mats laminated for ‘messy work’ like this. The photo above they were sprinkled onto the Watercolour paper and then a fine mist of water to let the colours run.
I stamped the music stave roughly through the centre of my card and added the treble clef and some heart music notes, plus a piano on a scrap of Watercolour card. The sentiment was added at the same time, all using Black Memento ink #132708.
When I lifted the watercolour paper off my laminated grid mat, I was left with the rest of the ink on the laminated surface. I took an old Wink of Stella Glitter Brush #141897 that might get thrown out. Never do this again !!!
Unscrew the WOS barrel and add a drop of Rubbing Alcohol or water, replace the lid and shake. This will wash some of the thick mica glitter from the inside of the barrel, prolonging it’s life. You can do this several times, the glitter will gradually get a bit less sparkly. At the end of the day, you will still have a FREE waterbrush to use !
I used the remaining ink coloured ink to colour in the pianos and the hearts on the notes. The piano was then ‘fussy cut’ using Paper Snips #103579.
Because I changed my mind about the Pigmant Crystal background, I used the Wink of Stella and remaining ink on laminated Grid Sheet, to ‘flick’ or ‘splatter’ as in the photo above.
I hope you have enjoyed my musical inspiration today and enjoy your ‘hop’ around the globe with us today.
Roll Call list
- Melissa Tennison USA
- Su Mohr
- Janey Backer USA
- Tracie St-Louis – Ottawa, Canada
- Alexandra Rauf
- Jacqui Lawrence (UK)
- Rochelle Laird-Smith (Australia)
- Cheryl Hamilton
- Cheryl Taylor (UK)
- Laura Mackie (UK)
- Anastasia Radloff
- Tricia Butts
- Sue McDonald
- Deb Naylor
- Rebecca-Jo Unwin- Australia
- Susan Simpson aka Craftyduckydoodah!
- Jan Musselman – USA
- Dana Sullivan – USA
- Libby Fens
- Sandra Roberts (UK)
- Nicole Mahler
- Michelle Bryant
I would love you to leave me a quick comment before hopping to Nicole‘s Blog to see what they have to share with you today.
Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you back here soon.
Craft hugs, Sandra x
- FREE MONTHLY TUTORIALS – every month I participate with other Global Demonstrators to bring you a ‘bumper’ Tutorial share, emailed FREE with orders over £30.
- SHOP ONLINE 24/7 using the Monthly Host Code for orders under £150 to receive a little something from me as a ‘Thank You’. Orders over £150 you can grab your own Host Rewards.
- MONTHLY HOST CODE for MAY = X337F4UY
- EMAIL – firstname.lastname@example.org
- FB LINK – https://fb.me/stampandcraftstudio
- PINTEREST – www.Pinterest.com/SandrasCraftStudio
- YOUTUBE – https://www.YouTube.com/sandrascraftstudio
- INSTAGRAM – www.instagram.com/stampnstudio
- CLEARANCE RACK – https://www.stampinup.uk/categories//sales-specials/clearance?dbwsdemoid=5000522
I’m an Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator covering UK, France, Germany, Netherlands or Austria. Order Online 24/7 with fixed postage £4.95 (€5.95) for direct delivery.
Have a long shopping list? I would love to help you get started ordering your favourite Stampin’ Up! supplies. Click to FIND OUT MORE or feel free to call and chat about how to save money and Join My Team to enjoy Demonstrator discounts and more.