If you love a great Colour Combination, this ‘hop’ is for you!
I’m joining our talented Stamp ‘N Hop Global Demonstrator Team, sharing our creativity using the Colour Combination above. Welcome to my Blog and a big warm English welcome to you.whether you have just joined me from Annette’s Blog or as one of my regular followers.
To start creating for a Colour Combination, I like to gather one sheet of each card stock in each of the colours, plus ink pads and Stampin’ Blends. Today I am sharing one of my all-time favourite techniques which I shared with a new group of Customers this week. They loved it and had lots of fun experimenting with different colours.
To create the Alcohol Inking Technique
- To start, you will need a 1/4 sheet of Vellum Cardstock and your favourite combination of three alcohol based Stampin’ Blends.
- Place vellum onto a sheet of scrap paper or Grid Paper, to protect your work surface.
- Scribble random chunks of colour over the vellum, using Stampin’ Blends.
- Have a Heat Tool plugged in and ready to use. Spritz Vellum lightly with Isopropanol alcohol. Tilt the scrap paper to allow colours to run as you wish. To stop inks running, dry with Heat Tool.
- Repeat as you wish, until you are happy with the result.
Create a standard size card base in Basic Gray. cut a piece of Very Vanilla card slightly smaller and then trim Vellum panel to required size for your card. Most adhesives will show through vellum. TIP: Apply a small amount of Multipurpose Liquid Glue #154974 to the corner of Silicon Craft Sheet #127853.
Using a small piece of sponge, tap the adhesive gentle to the reverse of coloured vellum and apply to your slightly larger Very Vanilla card layer.
My sentiment was die-cut in each of the Colour Challenge card stock.
Another of my favourites is not wasting small off-cuts of artwork. The narrow strip off-cut, was trimmed, added to a slightly wider strip of Basic Gray card and added to the liner.
To finish, I coloured a few Rhinestone Basic Jewels #144220 using the coordinating Stampin’ Blends.
I hope you have enjoyed my project today and that you learn some new techniques along the way. Enjoy your hop round the rest of the group, clicking on the ‘NEXT’ button below to see Mo’s project she is sharing with you.
Here are your Colour Combination ‘Hop Stops’
Sandra Roberts ***YOU ARE HERE***
Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you back here again soon.
Crafty hugs, Sandra
- FREE MONTHLY TUTORIALS – every month I participate with other Global Demonstrators to bring you a ‘bumper’ Tutorial share, emailed FREE with orders over £30. Alternatively, you can purchase for £12 (or £10 for other Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator colleagues).
- SHOP ONLINE 24/7 using the Monthly Host Code for orders under £150 to receive a little something from me as a ‘Thank You’. Orders over £150 you can grab your own Host Rewards.
- MONTHLY HOST CODE for NOVEMBER = TJXEMPQG
Have a long shopping list? I would love to help you get started ordering your favourite Stampin’ Up! supplies. Click to FIND OUT MORE or feel free to call and chat about how to save money and Join My Team to enjoy Demonstrator discounts and more.
I’m an Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator covering UK, France, Germany, Netherlands or Austria. Order Online 24/7 with fixed postage £6.95 (€7.95) for direct delivery.